Indiana NAWGJ Board Meeting Minutes
Madison, Indiana on July 6, 2012
Attending: Judy Kemp, Ruth Hanna, Nancy Gibson, Vicki Hoff, Pat Ergle, and Tom Swayzee
The meeting started at 9:30 a.m.
A current CPE list for judges was submitted from Trudie Miller. Judy shared information from her national meeting that was held in Las Vegas.
Report from National SJD meeting:
- Everyone should check the national website. Tom reported that there is a link to the national site on our state website. Anything newsworthy from our state should be submitted to the national website.
- Save July 19, 2013 for national testing. The national course will be on-line.
- Next year’s SJD national meeting will be in Providence, Rhode Island.
- This year judges will receive a fine for judging meets with expired memberships, no one will be assigned without proof of memberships.
- Beginning September 1, NAWGJ members will be able to renew their membership on-line. Members will be in charge of keeping their profiles updated.
- The primary goal of NAWGJ is to educate their members..
- 2013 National Judges Cup will be in Daytona Beach.
- The NAWGJ Library will no longer be able to sell judging aids due to copyright issues. Tom will take the order forms off our website for the library.
- The best place to order uniforms is through the national website. All current coupons are available on the website.
- We need to continue to advertise board meetings. We will keep a binder of notes, minutes, and financials for audits. Rotating audits will occur every four years. Budgets must be approved by board and RJD. Budgets will also be kept in the binder. The fiscal year will go from November to November.
- Donna Trevathon is the new college assigner.
- Hilary wants a written plan on what our state plans to do to help judges study for the new tests.
- Entry fees will be raised for all levels of competition. Robert Neat will prepare a flyer for Judges Cup to be given out at the State meeting next weekend.
- Admission fees will be as follows: $7.00 adults, $5.00 seniors, $3.00 school-age children. Adults will pay $10.00 if they come 2 days. We will issue a ticket for those adults.
- We will explore ways for other groups to bid on setting up our meet.
- Michelle Ealy and her husband have volunteered to provide their scoring system for Judges Cup. Judy will contact Michelle and discuss details with her.
- The maximum compensation package available for working the 2013 Judges Cup was set by the board. Lesser compensation packages will be determined later by the board. The maximum compensation package is as follows: $55 for NAWGJ membership, $200 towards clinic expense upon receipt, and payment for all first round testing both compulsory and optional. A motion was made by Ruth Hanna to approve the maximum compensation package and seconded by Nancy Gibson. All board members voted in favor of the package and the motion was passed.
- Judy will be the meet director and apply for the sanction. Other meet director duties will be divided among the board.
- As a board, we need to encourage as many clubs to send athletes to Judges Cup as we can. This will be an expensive year for testing.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:00 p.m.