Go To Meeting
October 20, 2017 / 9:00 PM
Pat Ergle, Ruth Hanna, Allison Gudel, Adrea Swanson, Lisa Poe, Rebecca Wissmiller, Ilena Earl, Absent Judy Kemp, SJD
Last Meeting Follow-up
- Bids were received for scoring from Midwest Gym Supply and US Sports Productions. The third bid from Sari Engel was not obtained, due to having a meet that weekend.
- Lisa Poe made a motion to use US Sports Production. Allison Gudel seconded the motion. 6 were all in favor, 1 abstained. Ruth will contact US Sports Productions and request their services with a 1 year contract for the Judges Cup (JC) 2018.
- Pat Ergle made a motion to purchase the medals from USA Sport Awards, Christopher Hinton, for the 2018 JC. Ruth Hanna seconded the motion. All were in favor. Ruth will be in charge of contacting Mr. Hinton and oversee the purchasing of the medals. Rebecca will send Ruth the contact information for USA Sports Awards.
- Jackets-Allison Gudel made a motion to purchase fleece jackets for the judges. Rebecca seconded the motion. All were in favor. Pat Ergle will send out an email blast for sizes from the judges. An allocation of $1000 for 50 jackets will be made.
- Pat Ergle contacted the medical trainers from St. Vincents Sports Group. Pat will give Adrea the information to contact the trainers and set up a schedule for the Judges Cup 2018.
- Pat Ergle contacted the Roller Derby club and they agreed to set-up and tear down the equipment on Jan. 26 and Jan. 28. This is the same group as JC 2017 used.
- It was decided that we will try to use a four judge panel for the optional sessions. This is depending on number of volunteer judges.
- Allison would like to set up raffles for the judges. Allison volunteered to put this together and obtain the prizes. Ruth made a motion to allocate $500 for the prizes for judges. Adrea seconded the motion. All were in favor.
- The compensation packet that was used for the 2017 JC will be sent to all the board members to go over. The compensation and incentives for the judges at the JC 2018 will be posted on the website when it is decided.
- We need to work on a plan to honor our retirees in the future.
- Next meeting will be on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:00 PM. Pat will go to Judy’s house so Judy can be apart of the meeting.
- Ruth made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Rebecca seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 10:30 PM
NOTES: Connie Maloney is setting up testing at Judges Cup 2018 for optional and compulsory tests.
The last time for testing for an optional rating is February 2018. Compulsory testing dates will be posted on the USA Gymnastics website