Welcome to Indiana Judging
My name is Lisa Poe. I am the New Judge Coordinator for the Indiana NAWGJ board. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have with regard to judging. My cell phone number is 574 286-4027.
The following is a checklist of requirements to judge that the Indiana NAWGJ board hopes will assist you as you prepare for any upcoming season.
- A new judge will need to become a member of USA Gymnastics (usagym.org) and the National Association of Women’s Gymnastics judges (nawgj.org). Membership applications can be completed online. USAG and NAWGJ membership renewals are due each year by July 31st.
- A new judge will need to become safety certified. Safety certification courses can be found online through the USAG website (usagym.org). Safety certifications are to be renewed every 4 years.
- A judge is required to have a current background check. This must be done through the USAG website. Background checks are to be renewed every 2 years.\
- Judging availability, for the upcoming competitive season, is due around August every year. A reminder is usually sent out to update your availability online at gymjas.com. You will need to create an account and sign in to gymjas.com regularly as this is where you will find your meet assignments, create your judging contracts etc.
- A judge is required to wear a uniform at any USAG sanctioned gymnastics meet. Uniforms can be ordered through Land’s End Business outfitters. A link for ordering the official uniform can be found on the NAWGJ website. There is a grace period for this. In the beginning a white top and navy blue pants or skirt are acceptable attire.
- Professional involvement forms (PIF‘s) are due to be filled out around August. You must fill out a PIF to be eligible to judge a State Meet. The form can be found on the Region 5 website (region5.com).
- Your annual Continuing Professional Education or CPE record is due in May of each year. A reminder is usually sent out. CPE forms and requirements can be found on the USAG and NAWGJ websites.*Note your CPE is based on the rating you had as of August 1st the previous year. New judges that obtain their rating after August 1st do not turn in CPE’s until the following year. At this time completed CPE records are to be sent to:
- TrudieMiller(CPEcoordinator) 1760ProfitDriveGreenwood, IN 46143 Or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Although it is not a requirement yet, the Safe Sport Course available through USAG, will be mandatory by July 2018. *Note: at this time it is a free course!
- Finally, although not mandatory it is highly encouraged that you donate your time to work our annual judges cup meet. Judges cup takes place in January and is our big fundraising activity of the year. It is a great opportunity to work with your fellow judges, hone your judging skills while having fun and earning a nice compensation package that can help offset the costs of being a judge. Volunteering at judges cup can also be applied to CPE requirements as volunteer hours.
Any judges that are interested in testing to a higher level are greatly encouraged to do so. Obtaining an optional rating allows you to be assigned to more meets. Eligibility requirements are outlined on the USAG website and a master list of testing sites and dates for 2017 is attached and can be found by following the judging accreditation link also on the USAG website.